Exodus 14:21 – Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea in dry land, and the waters divided.
BIBLE READING – Exodus 14:21 -28
What is the wind? The Wind is the Holy Spirit. The working of the Holy Spirit is compared to that of the wind. According to John 3:8, the wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it but cannot tell from where it comes and where it goes; So is everyone who is born of the Spirit. The way the Holy Spirit works is compared to that of the wind. Just as the wind is invisible to physical eye but its impact is visible on whatever it touches or goes near, so also is the Holy Spirit. He can not been seen but His impact is visible to the physical eye. What happens when the wind of the Holy Spirit blows?
- 1. Life is restored – Ezekiel 37:1-10. The wind that parted the Red Sea came from the nostrils of the Most High God – Exodus 15:8. After the Lord had formed man out of clay in Genesis 2:7, He sent the wind and the wind entered the nostril of Adam and he came alive. In Ezekiel 37:1 Ezekiel found himself in the valley of dry bones. Everything in that valley was considered very dead .In Ezekiel 37:9, the wind began to blow and by the time we get to Ezekiel 37:10 the dry bones had become a great army.
- 2. A way is created where there has never been a way – Exodus 14:21. Behind the children of Israel was the host of the Egyptians, to the sides were mountains and in front was the Red Sea. The wind blew and from nowhere, road surfaced inside the ocean. In 2 Kings 4:1-7, the creditors approached one of the wives of the son of the prophets to pay her debts. As there was no way of paying up, they told her they were going to take her children as slaves. She ran to the man of God and the wind blew. She did not only pay her debt but what was left was enough to feed her and her sons till she died. I remembered several years ago when I desired as a young man to come and study abroad. My father did not have any resources to make this happened so I went to the Lord in prayers. At that time there were some building works going on at our church so I joined as a laborer. From nowhere the wind blew and before I know it, I was on the aeroplane to study abroad.
- 3. The impossible becomes possible. Prior to Exodus 14, it was considered impossible for a Sea to part in two but that night it parted. It was impossible for a virgin to conceive without a man but in Luke 1:31-37, the One who with nothing is impossible made the impossible possible – Mary became pregnant without knowing a man.
- 4. Hope arises in hopeless situations – 1 Kings 18:30-46. The children of Israel found themselves in a hopeless situation. For three years it had not rained, the rivers and brooks began to dry up. Elijah the man of God prayed and the wind blew and then it rained. The Israelites were also in a hopeless situation been sandwiched in problems- behind was Pharaoh, to the sides were mountain and to the front was Red Sea. I am sure you will appreciate how hopeless the situation was and then the wind blew.
- 5. Enemies are uprooted permanently –Exodus 14:27-29. The enemies of Israel were drowned in the Red Sea when the wind blew. Because you belong to God , your enemies automatically become the enemies of God. According to Jeremiah 23:19, the Lord sends the wind on the head of the wicked –His enemies. Jeremiah 22:22 says the Lord will use the wind to eat up the heads or rulers of His enemies.
- 6. Secrets were released –Exodus 14:21. Prior to that day, no one knew what lie beneath the Red Sea. Immediately the wind blew, the mysteries that lie beneath the Red Sea were exposed. After Peter had spent time In the presence of Jesus in Luke 5:1-7, the wind blew and the secret of were his breakthrough lie was released to him.
- 7. Complete deliverance – Exodus 14:29-30. After the Lord had dealt with Pharaoh, He unwillingly permitted the Israelites to leave. The Israelites were delivered but not completely delivered because Pharaoh was still alive .After the wind blew, the head of their enemy – Pharaoh and his hosts were drowned. In Mark 5:1-19, the mad man of Gadara saw Jesus and He ran to Him. As this man stood in the presence of Jesus, the wind blew and he received total deliverance from a legion demon. He became so free that he was now able to evangelize.
- 8. Needs are met – Numbers 11:31 .The children of Israel had been eating manna for a while but they wanted meat. Immediately the wind blew, from nowhere came abundance of quails. The quails were so much it took them 36 hours to gather! In Matthew 14:13-21, a young boy gave five bread and two fishes and Jesus directed the wind towards him. After 5000 people had been fed, he went home with twelve baskets of breads and fishes. Sometimes back late evening I felt like soaking garri (garri is made from cassava) with honey and cashew nuts but I did not have the resources on me. So I casually mentioned it to a man that was around me and we both laughed. The next afternoon I was chatting with a man and he suddenly suggested we go to the local supermarket. I declined but He literally forced me to go so I went. When we got there, guess what I ordered? Honey and cashew nut … you got it right! The shocking thing was I have been working with this man for over three years and he had never suggested such before or bought me anything.
- 9. Problems are solved – Genesis 8:1. After the Lord destroyed the world with water, He made the wind to pass over the earth and the waters subsided. Due to the stubbornness of Pharaoh’s heart, the Lord made Locust to go over the land and eat up every herb and fruit of the land. Pharaoh humbled himself before God and He caused the wind to blow and this wind took the Locust to the Red sea – Exodus 10:19.
We have talked about what happens when the blows. Let’s briefly look at what happens after the wind blows.
1. Total freedom. After the wind blew in Exodus 14:1-31, the Israelites went from been slaves to been free men and women. In the case of the widow of the sons of prophet in 2 Kings 4:1-7, she became debt free. After the wind blew in Genesis 8:1, Noah who had been hiding in an ark could now walk about.
2. One begins to sing a song of victory. The first thing the Israelites did when they got their victory was compose a new song. A country who had been singing – Lord deliver me, Lord deliver me , suddenly began to shout- He has given me victory , I will lift Him higher, Jehovah , I will lift Him Higher.
When you read through the scriptures, you will notice that before the wind blows, there is always a cry to heaven. Almost every time, a cry precedes the wind. A cry goes to heaven and God sends the wind. The Israelites cried in Exodus 14 and the wind followed. They cried again in Numbers 11 and the wind blew. Noah must have been crying to God in Genesis 7 before the wind blew. I do not believe He sat down in the ark doing nothing for 40 days. Today your cry must first ascend to heaven before the wind follows. I can assure you that as you cry to Him today, He will send the wind. Once the wind begins to blow everything against God will be uprooted and that is certain. If one is not a friend of God, am afraid the wind might uproot them once it begins to blow. Who are the friends of God? They are those who obey Him – John 15:14. If an individual is against God, the wind might not be favorable to them. How do you know those that love God? They obey Him – John 14:15. Luke 11:23 says He that is not with Me is against Me: and He that gathereth and not with Me scattereth. I remember several years ago after I had just given a big offering – big according to my standard then, maybe small to you .I began to pray that the Lord should send His wind and the Holy Spirit and said if the wind should be blow you will be the first to fall. Honestly back then, there were one or two people I had not forgiven and was not evangelizing. Now I am wiser.
If the wind should blow and you are still living in sin it can be disastrous. If there is anyone reading this newsletter and is yet to give his or her life to Jesus or was once born again but has backslidded, Please come back to Christ today. He is faithful and just to forgive. Ezekiel 18:32 says “For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God “therefore repent and live!”
The bible said in Romans 3 v 23 that for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 6 s 23 says for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. The gift was explained in John 3 v 16 , For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. What shall we do to be saved? The bible says in Romans 10vs 9 that if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10 v 10 – For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with our mouth we confess and are saved. Prayer this prayer from your heart today!
Dear Jesus, I believe that You died for me and rose again on the third day. I confess I am a sinner. I need your love and forgiveness. Come into my heart. Forgive my sins. I receive Your eternal life. Confirm You love by giving me peace, joy and supernatural love for others, Amen.
Welcome to Christ brethren, Please join a bible believing church
Please forward this newsletter to a friend, family or colleague. Remember Matthew 10 v 32 which say whoever confesses me before me, him I will confess before my father who is heaven.